Source is open and currently available here: https://github.com/dachhack/SproutedPixelDungeon/tree/v0.1.1
Sprouted PD is forked with permission from the open source code of Shattered Pixel Dungeon (0.2.4).
Major reworks and additions were done to create a very different playing experience and a game that is not the same as the original.
Please Note: Saves to the previous versions will not load properly on 0.2 so you will have to start a new game if you update.
Sprouted Pixel Dungeon differences:
- Much larger levels creating a different game play and strategy experience
- Mobs drop monster meat to facilitate longer and more in-depth exploration of the larger levels
- Dew system has been revised to create a currency for upgrade opportunities
- Dew vial has been reworked as a new pivotal resource for exploring the dungeon
- Wraiths and grave hunting is now a major part of the game progression
- Boss fights have been completely reworked to be more intense and challenging requiring completely new tactics
- Mobs now adjust strength as you go deeper in the dungeon to stay balanced with upgrades
- New levels are accessible at each stage with Four additional levels available at the end of the game
- New levels include unique enemies, items and rewards
New original items include:
- Four kinds of berries
- New potion type
- New scroll type
Hidden rarities include:
- Golden nut
- The Spork
- Full Moon Berry
New Mobs include:
- Rat Boss
- Demon Goo
Many other tweaks and additions have been included!
New in This Update:
- Water command has been removed from the dew vial.
- Instead of watering you can grind dew on one of four new levels.
- Each stage has a level accessible by finding an ancient key.
- These new levels are populated by new mobs and are rich in dew.
- Each level has an opportunity to earn special rewards by dispatching 100 mobs before you leave.
- Each level of the demon halls is sealed and you will need to find a way to unseal to go down.
- Three new levels are available in the imp shop for post-yog play.
- Completing these three levels allows you to unlock a final Yog boss.
- A special trophy item is dropped if you vanquish this final Yog.
- Lloyd's Beacon replaced by Mr Desructo.
- Buffed wand of magic missile including buffing the disenchant function to carry over more upgrades.
- Nerfed Berry Regen.
- Tweaked Yog fight to make it less annoying.
- Seeds no longer drop as random loot in the dungeon. (Still get from high grass.)