Most people know the display is one of the most battery-hungry elements of any smartphone, but what they don't know is that the wallpaper they choose â yes,black wallpaper â can make a significant difference to battery life. A pure black wallpaper or generally dark-colored wallpaper or background can actually save power over a lighter one. It just depends on the type of screen you have.
Many of the top flagship phones use AMOLED display technology, and the popular wisdom has always been that you can save substantial power on these devices by using apps with a black interface. An AMOLED doesn't have a backlight at all. Instead, each little sub-pixel is like a tiny red, blue, or green colored light. If the screen is instructed to display black, it doesn't need to block any light, it simply doesn't light up any of the little colored sub-pixels.
So theoretically, black pixels save you a lot of power because those pixels can be turned completely off. However, people sometimes make the mistake of thinking this is a function of brightnessâthat dark colors like gray are similarly efficient. There is a relationship between brightness and power, but to really save juice you need a true black (as defined by the #000000 hex value). Anything else, and the pixel is on.
Nice Features OF "Black : AMOLED WALLPAPER" Application:
- Full support for landscape mode
- Compatible with 99% of mobile phones and tablet devices.
- Optimized battery usage and optimized black wallpapers for faster loading !
- Fully supports horizontal orientation.
- Save wallpapers to your device storage.
- Automatic slide show feature available.
- Add to favorites and use it as offline mode.
- New wallpapers are added daily â collect all of them!
- You can save or Share "Black Pictures" to whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr, Stumble, Instagram Or Line with your Good Friends or whole family.
ððð If you like our Black AMOLED wallpaper application, please leave a comment and qualify with 5 stars â â â â â
We are using the Read-Write permissions for the following:
1. Wallpaper upload (User submit)
2. Save wallpaper to device for offline use
3. Image caching for Offline support