Root-specific info: Press Ctrl+Shift+Z to toggle grabbing input devices. Touchpads on game controllers are currently not captured.
This app streams games from a GameStream-compatible PC on your local network or the Internet (Streaming over LTE is supported, although data usage is high and you may have latency issues). After initial pairing, Moonlight will show a list of apps to stream from your PC. You can add any other apps to this list through GeForce Experience. Mouse, keyboard, and controller input is sent from your Android device to the PC.
To have a good experience, you need a mid to high-end wireless router with a good wireless connection to your Android device (5 GHz highly recommended) and a good connection from your PC to your router (Ethernet highly recommended).
If you're streaming over the Internet from behind a router, you will need to forward ports manually. The specific ports are here: http://tinyurl.com/k6hf2c6
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with NVIDIA Corporation. Please do not contact them for support. Instead, use the XDA forum link at the bottom of the app description.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600/700/800/900 series desktop or mobile GPU (GT-series GPUs won't work)
NVIDIA GeForce Experience (GFE) 2.2.2 or higher
Game controller or
Mouse and keyboard
Note for SixAxis users:
Use SixAxis in "Native Gamepad" mode for Moonlight. The default button mapping in needs to be adjusted to match the proper layout.
1. Make sure GeForce Experience is installed, updated, and that you've scanned for games.
2. In most cases, your PC will show up automatically in the PC list. Click the entry in the PC list to start pairing.
3. On your PC, enter the PIN displayed on the Android device and accept the pairing dialog.
4. Choose your PC in the PC list and the app list will be displayed where you can select a game to stream.
Troubleshooting - "Moonlight crashes when I try to stream"
1. Please send me an email or post on the XDA thread linked at the bottom of this app description.
2. Send the crash report when Android prompts you.
Troubleshooting - "I can't pair/stream at all"
1. Reboot your PC.
2. Disable your PC's firewall.
3. If all else fails: uninstall GeForce drivers, reboot, clean install GeForce drivers, and reboot again.
Troubleshooting - "Video is choppy/laggy"
1. Try streaming with Bluetooth disabled to see if your device has the Bluetooth issue detailed below.
2. Make sure your device is connected on 5 GHz and your PC is wired to your router.
3. Lower the bitrate slider.
4. Try using 720p30 which has the lowest requirements.
Troubleshooting - "Apps crash when launched by Moonlight"
1. Uninstall GeForce drivers, reboot, clean install GeForce drivers, and reboot again.
2. Try launching them through Steam
Bluetooth-related streaming issues:
Depending on your phone/tablet, you may have a bad streaming experience if Bluetooth is active while streaming. This is a hardware issue due to the antenna wiring. If you experience this, you can try a USB Ethernet adapter or a controller that connects directly to your Android device via USB OTG.
For more details and to report issues, see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2505510
This app is open-source under the GPL. The code can be found here: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-android
All trademarks cited here are the property of their respective owners.