Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://m.eclipsim.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the video below :)
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug those phones may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status (and for other programs using sensors) even if it is not running. This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let''s hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this.
- Drois 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: Turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver too on some phones. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out)
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
- Maidenhead works now
- New sat colors: gray(no info), blue(has almanach), yellow(has ephemeris), green(used in fix)
- Added %date%, %time%, %speed% to the share template
- Japanese, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Slovak translations
- Radar now works correctly with programs using ''navigate to'' URLs, (Parkdroid, Car Locator etc.)
- Maidenhead Locator Grid support
- Removed invocation of web changelog on start
Detailed change log: Settings/Help...