"Best smartphone app of 2011" - Time Magazine
IntoNow from Yahoo makes watching TV more engaging, social, and fun – using a little bit of magic.
Just tap the green button when you’re watching TV- whether live or recorded – and IntoNow will identify the show and reward you with related content, personalized recommendations, and discussions to connect with friends.
"I was amazed to the point where I was dumbfounded" — MG Siegler at TechCrunch
Share what you’re watching on Facebook and Twitter and get alerts whenever you and a friend are watching the same show at the same time. Use IntoNow to discover new shows, discuss your favorites with your friends, and learn more about whatever you’re into now!
- Identify live TV, or anything that’s run on TV in the last five years, from your television, computer or mobile device.
- Find out who else of your friends are also watching
- Get live scores and stats for NFL games, tweets from actors, and articles related to whatever’s being talked about on the news right now
- Get full episode and cast information, as well as info on future airings.
- Receive notifications when your friends are watching the same episode or show.
- Comment on what your friends are watching in the app, or on Facebook and Twitter.
- One-click access to IMDb, Netflix, and iTunes so you can learn more or start watching right away.
- Add new friends using Facebook, Twitter, your address book, or “search by name.”
Video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O5CmgrutH0
A built-in or external microphone is required.
Big release with lots of great new features.
We''ve made finding and sharing with friends easier with Facebook and Twitter, including Facebook Timeline.
Cool new content - Celebrity photos, bios, TV and movie credits and more.
Rate episodes with a thumbs up or thumbs down.
Add and update your profile photo.
Manage settings to control permissions.
A bunch of stability and performance improvements.
We hope you enjoy! Thanks as always from the team at IntoNow from Yahoo.