Touch LED Notifications for
* LG Optimus 2X/T-Mobile G2X/Star (P990/P999/SU660)
* LG Optimus Black (P970)
* LG Optimus 3D (P920)
* LG Nitro (P930)
* LG Optimus ME (P350)
* LG Marquee (LS855)
Other phones might also work if they''re similar to one of the supported devices.
This application uses the touch LED buttons to show if there is any missed notifications by turning them on and off. It is enabled by default and will autostart on boot but has to be run once after installation to start the service.
If you get a message about rooting, you have to root your device to get LED notifications to work. This is not something I''ve chosen to do, it is because the devices does not have the correct permissions and root is needed to correct them. There is no way around it unless an update for the phone reverts to the way it was before. If you wish to root your device you''re doing so at your own risk.
Translations of the app is very welcome. If you wish to translate please drop me an e-mail and I will give you the link to the strings.xml-file.
The reason for the non-frequent updates of the app is because I have changed my phone and no longer have regular access to the Optimus 2X. I will still try to provide important or urgent bug-fixes but new features or requests that require extensive testing on the device might not be implemented.
Gmail 2.3.5+ no longer works with the built-in Gmail-check. To get it to work again Gmail has to be disabled in Notifications and then added as a monitored activity (Notifications -> Monitored activites -> Gmail).
* It''s recommended to open the app once after update to initialize new features and updates.
* If the latest version doesn''t work then previous versions can be downloaded here: http://martinborjesson.com/android/
* Root is not required unless the required file to change the LEDs is not writable, in this case root is required to make the app work properly.
* The app is open source, the source code can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/mborjesson/LG-Optimus-2X-Black-Notifications
If the app stopped working after an update please try and clear app data in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> LG 2X/Black Notifications -> Clear data. This will remove all settings changed in the app.
If it still doesn''t work feel free to send me an e-mail and I will try to help you get it to work.
A note about Accessibility:
The app uses Accessibility to listen to notifications from other apps. When activating this feature a warning will be displayed, this warning is part of the Android-system and is displayed for every app that uses Accessibility. The warning can safely be ignored as the app only uses the notification-part and since the app does not require an Internet-connection no data can be sent away somewhere.
Some tips on how to increase the battery life when using the app:
Every time the LEDs has to change or when the vibrator or sound is started the device has to wake up for a short moment. More wake-ups results in decreased battery life. So to improve this set the Touch LED mode to Constant and optionally use a lower Touch LED brightness, for example 15-25%, and do not use vibration or sounds.
Useful activities to monitor
* Google Talk: Select Google Services Framework
Paul at MoDaCo for sharing how to change the brightness on the touch LED buttons !
[email protected] for helping me with the LG Optimus Black implementation !
Everyone who helped me out with the app during its development !
Disclaimer: It is not known if using this app have any negative effect on the touch LEDs in the long term, so use at your own risk. By installing this you agree that I take no responsibility if anything happens to your device while using this app.
If you have any questions or a problem to report you are welcome to send an e-mail.
* There is unfortunately no updates for Optimus Black. Please contact me if a solution for the issues with the Gingerbread-update is found
* The "unsupported device"-dialog is now displayed properly
* Fixed crash-issues related to accessibility
* Better support for ICS
* Increased the maximum value for the feedback-delay to 5 minutes